Last updated on February 25th, 2021
Nobell Congressing Ltd. (hereinafter also referred to as “Nobell”, “us, “our”, “we”) is the Official Secretariat for International Symposium on Bilingualism ISB13 (“ISB13”) and data controller with the organising party (University of Warsaw “Organizer”). As part of its congress services, Nobell operates the ISB13 website ISB13.syskonf.pl (“Client website” or “Client Site”) on behalf of the Organizer.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us.
This Privacy Notice describes our practices regarding the collection, use and disclosure of information which we may obtain when you visit the Client Site from which you are accessing this Privacy Notice or when you interact with any of the online forums, registration forms, sign-up forms, other digital activities carried out by us through the Client Site (“Activities“). This Privacy Notice also describes your choices regarding the use, access and correction of your personal information.
By entering the client site and using or participating in any activities you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this Privacy Notice, including to the collection and processing of your information. If you disagree to any term provided herein, please do not use the client site or participate in any activities.
Information We Collect
As a Visitor, you can browse our Website to find out more about our Website. You are not required to provide us with any personal information as a Visitor.
We collect your personal information when you register with us (“User”), when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when you participate in activities on our Website Site (such as subscribing to our newsletter) or otherwise contacting us.
You can choose not to provide us with any personal information, but failure to do so may preclude us from providing our services to you, responding to any questions and comments you may refer to us on the Client Site or may otherwise preclude you from participating in certain Activities.
Your personal data is collected and processed by Nobell Congressing Ltd. – the company located in Poland, 00-050 Ozarow Mazowiecki, Nadbrzezna 4 Str. (“Nobell”). Nobell collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Collecting and processing your registration to ISB13 via the Website;
- Submitting an abstract to ISB13;
- Subscribing to information and marketing services related to the ISB13 (newsletter).
Nobell collects the following personal data:
- your name,
- email address,
- telephone number,
- payment card holder`s name and surname – if you choose an online payment, we collect your name and surname only and forward it to our payment processor. All payment information is securely stored by our payment processor and we do not have access to your sensitive information, such as credit card number or security code.
This information is required to process, complete and confirm your registration.
Automatically Collected Information
When you use our Website, we automatically collect certain computer information by the interaction of your mobile phone or web browser with our Website. Such information is typically considered non-personal information. We also collect the following:
- Third Party Tracking Tools - we also use third party tracking tools to improve the performance and features of our Website. These third party tracking tools are designed to collect only non-personal information about your use of our Website. However, you understand that such tools are created and managed by parties outside our control. As such, we are not responsible for what information is actually captured by such third parties or how such third parties use and protect that information.
- Log Information - we automatically receive information from your web browser or mobile device. This information includes the name of the website from which you entered our Website, if any, as well as the name of the website to which you’re headed when you leave our website. This information also includes the IP address of your computer/proxy server that you use to access the Internet, your Internet Website provider name, web browser type, type of mobile device, and computer operating system. We use all of this information to analyse trends among our Users to help improve our Website.
- Social Media Widgets: The Client Site also includes some social media features, such as a Facebook “like” button, and widgets, such as a “share” button. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on the Client Site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on the Client Site. Your interactions with these features are governed by the Privacy Notice of the companies that provide them.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we receive from you as follows:
- To allow you to register to the ISB13.
- To allow you to submit an abstract to the ISB13.
- To send you current organizational information related to the ISB13.
- To customize our Website for your experience - we may use the information you provide to us along with any computer information we receive to customize our Website.
- For data aggregation purpose - we retain the right to collect and use any non-personal information collected from your use of our Website and aggregate such data for internal analytics that improve our Website and. At no time is your personally identifiable information included in such data aggregations, nor forwarder for use or re-sold to others.
Transfer Of Your Personal Information
Your information, including personal information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
With whom we share your information
- Personal information – we may share your personal information under the following circumstances:
- Your name, country and affiliation may be included in a list of participants posted at the event site and/or on the event mobile application.
- In the course of operating this ISB13, it may be necessary or appropriate for us to provide access to your personal information to others such as our affiliates, service providers, contractors and select vendors. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this Privacy Notice and that limit others’ use or disclosure of such personal information. Any data transfers from the EU will be carried out to locations with similar & adequate levels of data protection.
- Your personal details including name, country of origin, affiliation and email address may be shared with industry partners for marketing purposes, provided you have given your explicit consent.
- Your personal details including name, country of origin, affiliation and email address may be shared with the organizers of future ISB Symposiums, provided you have given your explicit consent.
- Your personal details including name, country of origin, affiliation and email address may be shared with University of Warsaw with its registered office in Warsaw at Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 Str. (00-927 Warsaw) for information about its future initiatives purposes, provided you have given your explicit consent.
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to enforce our legal rights, to defend against legal claims or in such circumstances where, in our judgment, a disclosure is necessary or appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
- We may share your personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or abuse, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our various terms of service or as otherwise required by applicable law.
- Public Information - we may share information that you voluntarily make public, including information that you post on any blogs, message boards, chat rooms or other similar forums, whether or not such forums are operated or owned by Nobell or Organizer. Since such public information can be accessed by others and used by any member of the public, such use by third parties is beyond our control. To request removal of your personal information from any blog or community forum operated or owned by Nobell or Organizer, please contact us. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Non-Personal Information - we may share aggregated or anonymous information or statistics (which in any event does not contain any of your personal information) with third parties, such as the Organizer, investors, affiliates, vendors, service providers and other business partners.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our Activities. Where practical, we seek to obtain confidentiality agreements that are consistent with this Privacy Notice and that limit others’ use or disclosure of your personal information.
- We need to proceed all the actions necessary to register you to the ISB13;
- We need to proceed all the actions in the process of collecting, reviewing and accepting your abstract;
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights;
- For payment processing purposes;
- To comply with the law;
- To keep you updated with the ISB13 preparations and all information related to the ISB13 organization.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you;
- The right of rectification;
- The right to object;
- The right of restriction;
- The right to data portability;
- The right to withdraw consent.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Website (“Service Providers”), to provide our Website on our behalf, to perform Website-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Website is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- We provide paid services on our Website. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Protecting Your Child’s Privacy
Our Website is not designed for use by anyone under the age of 13 (“Child”), though we realize we may have a Child attempt to make purchases through our Website. We do not verify the age of our Users nor do we have any liability for verifying a User’s age. If you are a Child, please seek the permission of a parent or guardian before using our Website. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your Child is using our Website, please contact us to remove your Child’s registration; we reserve the right to ask you for verification of your relationship to the Child before we honour such a request. If we discover that a Child has registered to the ISB13 on our Website, we will immediately delete the registration data as soon as we discover it, we will not use the information for any purpose, and we will not disclose the information to third parties. However, as parent of such a Child, you understand that you are legally liable for any transactions created by the Child.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our Email Policy
Our affiliates and we fully comply with national laws regarding SPAM. You can always opt out of receipt of further email correspondence from us and/or our affiliates. We agree that we will not sell, rent, or trade your email address to any unaffiliated third-party without your permission.
If you have any questions about our Privacy Practices or this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.